Harwood House is a care home with nursing and offers accommodation and personal care for people who may not be able to live independently. We are registered to care for up to 35 adults in 31 rooms.
Our Ambition is that Harwood House will be:
- A highly effective provider of compassionate, person-centered care, empowering Residents to live as independently as possible;
- A beautiful, safe, well equipped place that Residents call “Home”;
- Operated and well led by an enthusiastic, highly skilled team, who are passionate about care.
Our Business Philosophy has been developed around seven building blocks that are at the heart of all we do:
- Understanding and meeting our Residents’ needs and exceeding their expectations, through the provision of compassionate, person-centered care, delivered with dignity and respect;
- Developing high quality, effective care, which supports our Residents to maintain a high quality of life with a focus on independence;
- Recruiting and investing in the development of employees to promote competence, empowerment and engagement throughout the organisation;
- Developing processes which produce consistent and predictable results, and which promotes a coherent, effective system of delivering services to our Residents;
- Maintaining an outstanding, safe, physical environment, founded on evidence-based decision making;
- Establishing unity of purpose and direction to create conditions in which employees are engaged in achieving the organisation’s quality objectives, by providing good leadership; and
- Promoting an ethos of continuing improvement;
Our Team is committed to progress in each of these areas. In order to effectively achieve our philosophy, the community at Harwood House have agreed upon the following Core Values:
- Dynamic Improvement: we continuously seek ways to improve what we do.
- Positive Community: we work hard at creating a positive community for our Residents and Team.
- Wise Stewardship: we look after our financial, property and employee resources wisely.
- Excellent Caring: we care for people in a way which goes beyond expectation.
- Ethics & Integrity: we act in an ethical way, with the utmost integrity in all that we do.